"Baking" is the term we used to describe the generation of static html files from Drupal. These files are what is then served to the public and content editors work within a private network. The Drupal static module was our mechanism for achieving this. The session is part exploration of the module and part case study.
The session will cover:
- Reasons for wanting to "bake" your site.
- Alternative implementations explored.
- In-depth look at how the Drupal static module works.
- Architectural considerations.
- Challenges and issues faced.